- The goal of this program announcement is to encourage research that will improve the quality and scientific power of data collected in the behavioral and social sciences, relevant to the missions of the participating NIH Institutes and Centers.
- The participating Institutes and Centers invite qualified researchers to submit research grant applications aimed at improving and developing methodology and measurement in the behavioral and social sciences through innovations in research design, data collection techniques, measurement, and data analysis techniques.
- Research that addresses methodology and measurement issues in diverse populations, issues in studying sensitive behaviors, issues of ethics in research, issues related to confidential data and the protection of research subjects, and issues in developing interdisciplinary, multimethod, and multilevel approaches to behavioral and social science research is particularly encouraged, as are approaches that integrate behavioral and social science research with biological, physical, or computational science research or engineering.
- This program announcement is a re-issuance and revision of PA-02-072.
- The total amount to be awarded depends on the scientific merit of applications and the funds available in the general funding pool of the participating NIH Institutes and Centers.
- This initiative will use the R01, R03 and R21 mechanisms and competitive supplements to funded R01, R37, U01 and P01 projects.
- Eligible organizations include for-profit and not-for-profit, public or private organizations, units of state and local governments, eligible agencies of the Federal Government, domestic or foreign institutions/organizations, faith-based or community-based organizations, and Native American tribal organizations.
- Eligible Principal Investigators include any individuals with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research.
- There is no limit on the number of scientifically different applications that may be submitted.
- The PHS 398 application form and instructions are available at http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/phs398/phs398.html in an interactive format. For further assistance contact GrantsInfo, Telephone 301-435-0714, E-mail: GrantsInfo@nih.gov. Telecommunications for the hearing impaired is available at: TTY 301-451-0088
Who can apply:
City Or Township Governments
Federally Recognized Indian Tribal Governments
Independent School Districts
Native American Organization
Non-Government - General
Nonprofits Having A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Nonprofits That Do Not Have A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Other Private Institution/Organization
Private Institutions Of Higher Education
Private Nonprofit Institution/Organization (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Public And State Controlled Institutions Of Higher Education
Public Housing Authorities/Indian Housing Authorities
Quasi-Public Nonprofit Institution/Organization
Small Business (Less Than 500 Employees
Special District Governments
State (Includes District Of Columbia; Includes Institutions Of Higher Education And Hospitals)
U.S. Territories And Possessions (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Eligible functional categories:
Alcohol Research Programs
Biometry and Risk Estimation_Health Risks from Environmental Exposures
Extramural Research Programs in the Neurosciences and Neurological Disorders
Heart and Vascular Diseases Research
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Extramural Research
Research and Training in Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Research Related to Deafness and Communication Disorders
If you have problems accessing the full announcement, please contact:
NIH OER Webmaster